Monday, October 4, 2010

May Calendar Class...

I have loved this Basic Grey Oh Baby Girl paper from the first time that I had seen it. I bought so much of it and made many projects from it. So glad to be able to use more again for the month of May. I even had some of the large die cut letters left over and perfect for what I needed it for.
I also used a sheet of lavendar and baby yellow cardstock.
Cut the center from the yellow cardstock and set aside. I will use this later in the layout for photomats.
Cut the lavendar cardstock to 11.5x11.5 inches. Adhere over the center of the yellow cut square.


Using a 1.5 inch circle punch, cut 8 circles from a floral pattern paper.
Cut 2 4x6 photomats from the previous cut yellow cardstock. Cut a 3x11 inch peice striped pattern paper and adhere to layout but only adhering the right edge to layout. Now place all circle diecuts under striped patter paper for placement. Then adhere all circles once you get good, even placement.
Adhere large letters as seen in photo provided.
I have seen the following technique in many tutorials on the internet and thought it would look so lovely on this page. So, I used a large scalloped circle die cut punch and a smaller floral die cut punch. Get a bowl of water and place each die cut flower in the water. Very carefully take each flower out of the water and squeeze tightly to remove as much water as possible. Then place each of the flowers in the microwave for 15-45 seconds until they are dried. Take them from the microwave and carefully pull them apart from their crumpled form.
They will then look like the picture below.
As seen in the photo below, layer 3 larger flowers and a smaller flower over each other.
Place a brad through the center of the flower.
Adhere them to the layout as seen below. I also cut 8 photo corners from a pink floral PP and adhered to the photo as seen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great flower idea! I'm going to try it. Thanks!