Monday, September 20, 2010

March Calendar Class...

I was so excited about the creating the next page of our calendar. I have always wanted to create a shamrock-filled page and have really never had the opportunity. So this was my chance. Hope you enjoy. And just a reminder that the diecuts that are present are available for purchase. Just a quick email and we will be able to get them to you.

I started with some old Basic Grey papers and some dark green, light green and white cardstock. Printed a familiar Irish expression on the computer...
Using my die cut machine, I cut some large, medium and small shamrocks and a vine that had shamrocks attached to it.

I cut the white cardstock 11.5x11.5 inches and centered and adhered it over the dark green cardstcock. Using three different shades of Basic Grey and other patterned papers cut in various lengths, I placed them as seen below in a L-shaped pattern in lower left corner of page.

The circular bottom border PP is 4x9 inches. The outside vertical PP is 2.5x11 inches. The middle vertical PP is 3x10 inches. The inside vertical PP is 2.5x9 inches.


Using white and dark green cardstock for the picture matting, I placed it on an angle as seen below. As seen in the pictures above and on the layout below, you can see how I have placed the shamrocks. You can also see that I have added a few more embellies such as the green gems and the pale green flowers.
I also curled the edges of shamrocks so it adds a little more dimension to the shamrocks and I also thought it just looked pretty!

I hope you enjoy putting together one of your own calendar pages.

No comments: