Monday, September 6, 2010

January Calendar Class...

Welcome to the first installation of our 12 week Calendar Class. We are very excited to share this process with you and hope that you are able to create some lovely calendars for yourself or someone special. Just a couple of housekeeping issues to take care of:

**For this and subsequent weeks, I will not be including what scrapbooking supplies you need unless I have included a technique in the class and then I will have step by step instructions. Depending on what techniques you use on your own pages will determine what scrapbooking supplies you will need. Of course for any scrapbooking project you will need your basic kit of glues/adhesives, trimmers, and ruler.

**For each of my class entries I have used only scraps of paper left over from previous projects. You will see some fairly recent patterned papers and also some old designs as well. I thought I would try to use up some of the scraps in my stash. It goes to show that you do not need the latest and greatest scrapbooking supplies to create something pretty.

**In regards to the blank calendar itself, I purchased mine at a local scrapbooking store. There are many templates out there, but this is a completely blank calendar and I will add the numbers to it myself.

**You will see that there are many die cuts on each of the classes. Each of these are available for purchase through In A Pinch Designs. Each die cut will be available for $2.00 for each month's die cut. Just contact us through inapinchdesigns@gmail.com of give us a call at 519-220-0039.

January Calendar Class


This is a Bo Bunny patterned paper from last winter. I think I bought the whole line of papers because they were so pretty. I did not use them all and thought it was a perfect fit for the beginning of my calendar.

For this class I did ink everything that I cut with a turquoise Cat's Eye Chalk Ink. It fit perfectly with my paper.

I then cut 2 photomats 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 and one 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 from Bo Bunny polka dot cardstock. And then two white photomats 4x6 and one white 4x4. I did ink the edges of all of these photomats as well.
Adhere the white photomats to the blue photomats and using the picture provided as a guide place the photomats as seen.

I had a few stickers left over from the projects that I had created earlier from this line of paper and decided to add these to the page. I did mat them in a purple Bo Bunny polka dot cardstock as well, trimmed around the edges and then inked them all.

If you don't have stickers, find poem websites of the internet and using a Word program, type out a poem to place on your page. There are many sites out there that allow you to do this and there are no copyright infringements.

I did add a few phtocorners to the photomats as you can see. It just helped to add a little definition to the corners of my mats. i also had some extra flourishes sitting around from Zva Creative that were left over from a project and I applied them to the layout.

Very pleased with the finished project.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: